CHEMICAL PEELS | NeoStrata Glycolic Peels
Neostrata Glycolic Peels are light peels containing AHA or Alpha Hydroxy Acids. AHA’s work by penetrating though the skins surface and dissolving the fatty bonds that hold dead skin cells together, we then neutralise the peel and your skin will be refreshed. There is minimal recovery time and they can even be done during your lunch hour!
- Are safe and require little recovery time
- Improve acne prone skin
- Help reverse sun damage
- Very good in reduction of small wrinkles and acne scars
NeoStrata Glycolic Peels:
- Improve the overall tone and texture of your skin
- Lighten and brighten your skin
- Remove or reduce hyper pigmentation, melasma, sun damage and age spots
- Reduce the appearance of pore size
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate acne and acne scars
- Stimulate the production of collagen resulting in firmer skin
Initially after your peel your skin may be red, you may experience some of the following:
- Slight discomfort
- Sun sensitivity
- Peeling of the outer superficial layer after 2-3 days after the procedure, though very minimal
- Avoid hot showers and saunas
- Avoid using any products with active ingredients like retinol, salicylic acid etc.
- You should not have any further facial treatments for two weeks
- Wash treated areas very gently
- If your skin is sensitive avoid, make up
- Avoid sun exposure for at least a month after the procedure
- Do Not- peel, pick, scratch or scrape the skin
- DO not use a face mask
- Moisturise well after the following day after treatment
We also strongly advise all clients to use a strong sun screen as glycolic acid can make your skin photo sensitive, which means that you have a strong chance of sun burn.
Although most patients have no side effects, the following are a risk:
- An acne flares up can be possible due to deep pore cleansing
- Herpes (cold sore) break out can occur- though this can be avoided if you advise us that you are prone to cold sores.
- Acne like inflammation around the mouth (perioral Dermatitis)
Recommended a course of 3 to 6 treatments at 3 weeks’ interval (depends on skin condition).
- 1 treatment – €85
CHEMICAL PEELS | Mandelic Peel Xylogic.
Mandelic Peel – gently exfoliating AHA acid, derived from the hydrolysis of bitter almond extract. It is therefore ideally suited for the care of delicate and sensitive skin.
The molecular structure of mandelic acid is larger than better known Alpha Hydroxy Acid such as glycolic acid and lactic acid. This means it takes longer to penetrate the skin’s surface and is much less irritating.
- Rapidly exfoliates dead skin cells and surface debris from the skin.
- Mandelic Peel has antimicrobial/antibacterial properties, making it an excellent choice for all types of acne
- Excellent treatment for oily and combination skin (regulates the oil production in sebaceous glands)
- Loosens blackheads for easy extraction.
- Cleans and refines pores.
- Refines the tone and texture of the skin, brightens.
- It is excellent for clients with darker skin tones. It does not cause the unwanted, lighter skin tone changes that you might experience with other AHA’s.
- Inhibits the growth of melanin, the cause of brown patches, freckles, uneven skin tone and other sun-related skin care issues.
- Reduces lines and wrinkles without the irritation of other AHA’s.
- It is typically an excellent exfoliator for clients suffering from Rosacea.
Upon application, within the first minute-or-so, you will feel very little topical sensation… it will be a warm tingling sensation. This acid penetrates more slowly than others, due to its larger molecular size.
Post peel you’ll see some light flaking, perhaps more apparent around the mouth and nasal areas.
- 1 treatment – €80
CHEMICAL PEELS | Pyruvic Peel
Chemical peel is a procedure where a diluted acid is applied to the skin and allowed to soak in. Depending on the type of acid, the face will begin to peel over the next few days, getting rid of the damaged layers of skin so new, healthy skin can grow.
Pyruvic acid is naturally found in apples, vinegar and fermented fruit.
- acne scars
- Premature skin aging:
- Environmental damage, oxidative stress, aesthetic procedure
- Skin blemishes
- regulation of sebum production
- a smoother texture,
- less evident fine wrinkles,
- evident lightening of hyperpigmentation (freckles and lentigines)
- thinning of the epidermis and a thickening of the dermis
- less shiny complexion
- Active skin infections type of herpes;
- Acne in severe characters;
- skin allergies;
- the tendency to make the formation of keloids; multiple nevi.
The treatment also discourages pregnant women and nursing, and people with a history of recently cryotherapy or face surgeries .
6-8 treatments every 15-21 days are recommended (break needed for regeneration of the epidermis)
- 1 treatment – €85
CHEMICAL PEELS | Xylogic Retix C
New Retix C uses Retinol – a pure form of vitamin A, one of the most effective ingredients used in skin rejuvenation, and vitamin C and a cocktail of antioxidants, acting brightening and regenerates the skin.
Retinol present in Retix C is stabilized, which means less skin irritation and better tolerated as compared to the conventional retinol used in the same concentration.
The stability of retinol in Retix C contained 4% obtained in the hydrogenation, confirmed by numerous tests of resistance to: UV, high temperature and oxidation.
- Retinol 4% – strongly rejuvenates, compacts, hydrates and brightens the skin. Form preparation reduces the risk of irritation and provides high tolerance.
- Vitamin C 8% – stable, laevorotatory form has potent antioxidant and brightening.
- Antioxidants 30% – exhibit extremely effective rejuvenating and protect the skin against harmful oxidation reactions.
- Smoothing out wrinkles
- Skin lack radiance
- Supple skin
- Increasing the natural protective barrier of the skin
- Grey, dull complexion
- Photoaging, lightening of pigmentation spots
- Increase firmness and density
- Regenerate skin
- Stretch marks
- Imperfections (uneven structure)
- Smoothing skin
- Herpes simplex
- The active form of acne
- Allergies to the ingredients
- Recently completed dermatological treatment
- Medication – isotretinoin or retinoids, antibiotics
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment
- Exposure to solar radiation
- Wounds, erosions, broken skin etc.
Recommended sessions of 3 – 6 treatments every 2 – 4 weeks.
- 1 treatment - €90