Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural absorbable glycosaminoglycan, the most abundant essential component of the human body. It is naturally present in the dermal part of the skin giving it hydration, suppleness and tone. It could be compared to a sponge with the possibilities of binding to water and retaining it in the deep layers.
Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers are the best option for those who want to visibly reduce the sign of ageing. Fillers are used to fill-in (wrinkles and folds) in the tissue and therefore improve the appearance of ageing skin in order to restore volume and smooth facial lines to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring humectant protein which forms part of the connective and supportive tissues in our bodies (eyes, synovial fluid etc) to keep them moist and lubricated. Hyaluronic acid in dermal fillers is completely safe (there is no need to have a skin test beforehand) . It is made from non-animal sources and over the time it is completely absorbed by the tissue.
- Nasolabial folds
- Mentolabial lines
- Lip Augmentation
- Frow furrows
After filling out the consultation card, numb cream (Emla) is applied on the treated areas. The cream will stay on the skin for at least 30 min. After the cream is removed, the skin is prepared for injection, and then the injection takes place. When the injection is finished, massage of the treated skin takes place to make sure that the filler is evenly spread.
The entire procedure takes approximately 45mins.
- Redness, swelling, burning and itching around the treatment area should settle during the first few hours
- Bruising and swelling can last up to 2 weeks and should disappear naturally
- Cold sores may erupt after the lip augmentation (Zovirax cream is recommended from the pharmacy)
- Tissue infection is rare and can be treated with antibiotics
- Hypersensitivity (allergy) can be treated with antihistamine
- Pregnancy or breast feeding
- Anticoagulant and immunosuppressant drugs
- History of anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
- Bruising or bleeding disorders
- Under 18 of age
Filler will be present in the skin for between 6-18 months, it can be longer or shorter and depends on factors such as:
- Age of the patient
- Kind of skin
- Injection side
- Lifestyle (smoking, sunbathing, UV – reduce the liveliness of dermal filler)
- Price given during a free consultation